ExxonMobil launches new high performance gas turbine oil
Tuesday, Nov 13, 2012
Mobil DTE™ 932 GT will help oil and gas operators increase productivity and reduce unscheduled downtime
· Specially engineered for frame size gas turbines with a common hydraulic and bearing oil reservoir design
· Capable of reducing varnish formation
· Mobil Industrial Lubricants can help oil and gas operators to improve productivity and support the safety of their workers
(ABU DHABI, UAE – November 2012) – ExxonMobil Lubricants & Specialties introduced the Mobil DTE™ 932 GT, a scientifically engineered gas turbine oil that can help oil and gas operators to increase productivity by reducing unscheduled downtime and supporting their safety and environmental care objectives.
Engineered to enhance the performance of frame size combustion gas turbines with a common hydraulic and bearing oil reservoir, Mobil DTE 932 GT can help provide trouble-free service in gas turbines, which is crucial given the oil and gas industry’s reliance on turbine reliability.
Gas turbines play a fundamental role in liquefied natural gas (LNG) production, with many LNG plants using gas turbines to drive compressors that cool and liquefy gas for transportation. Keeping gas turbines running effectively is key to maximizing plant productivity and reducing unscheduled downtime.
One challenge to maintaining effective gas turbine performance is controlling the formation of varnish, a catchall term for deposits found in gas turbine operations.
“Varnish can have a significant detrimental impact on gas turbine operation, but Mobil DTE 932 GT offers the potential for greatly reduced varnish formation,” said Yan Côté, global business development advisor, ExxonMobil Lubricants & Specialties. “Other performance benefits of Mobil DTE 932 GT include exceptional high temperature performance, outstanding deposit control, excellent foam control and air release.”
Across a wide range of testing procedures, Mobil DTE 932 GT was shown to deliver critical performance benefits that can help enhance turbine performance and durability. As a result, Mobil DTE 932 GT meets or exceeds the standards for General Electric frame 3, 5, 6, 7 and 9 turbines.
In addition to Mobil DTE 932 GT, ExxonMobil offers many high-performance lubricants for the oil and gas industry, including:
· Mobil SHC™ 600 Series – A family of high-performance synthetic circulating and gear oils that can deliver a service life up to six times longer than competitive mineral oil based gear and bearing lubricants. The oils also demonstrate outstanding low temperature fluidity to enable start up and operation at low temperatures, and excellent resistance to rust and corrosion. Mobil SHC 600 Series oils also exhibit energy savings of up to 3.6 percent* compared with conventional oils.
· Mobil SHC™ Pegasus Series – Natural gas engine oils which help to reduce fuel consumption by up to 1.5 percent** and have the potential to increase oil drain intervals to more than 16,000 hours – four to eight times that of standard natural gas engine oils.
· Mobil SHC™ Polyrex Series – Advanced synthetic greases that can help protect equipment from wet environments by delivering a combination of low and high temperature performance, excellent water resistance and balanced wear protection.
Alongside its high quality lubricants, ExxonMobil offers its proprietary online oil analysis service, Signum Oil AnalysisSM. Signum enables operators to proactively monitor the condition of lubricants and address conditions which have the potential to lead to unscheduled downtime and increased costs.
At the Abu Dhabi International Petroleum Exhibition and Conference, ExxonMobil will be showcasing its extensive range of advanced lubrication solutions at Stand AO8 in the Atrium Hall.
For more information about Mobil SHC branded synthetic lubricants, or any other Mobil-branded products and services, visit mobilindustrial.com.